2016 Green Chemistry & Engineering Business Plan Competition
Deadline: April 8, 2016
Applications are open for the 2016 Green Chemistry & Engineering Business Plan Competition. The ACS Green Chemistry Institute hosts the only business plan competition (BPC) exclusively devoted to innovations in sustainable green chemistry and engineering. Applicants have the chance to receive expert feedback, training and mentorship, and the opportunity to market their business idea to their target audience.
The competition consist of three phases:
- Executive Summary;
- Social Media and Full Business Plan;
- Business Plan Pitches
Points to Keep in Mind
- Judges will be looking for possible solutions that apply the principles of green chemistry and engineering to some of the world’s biggest challenges;
- Previous winners have included a wide range of technologies, from paints and coatings to safer chemical alternatives and innovative battery technology;
- Selected semi-finalists must attend the final round of the competition in Portland, Oregon on June 15, 2016 that occurs in conjunction with the 20th Annual Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference.
- All semi-finalist teams must present their business plans in person for a chance to win the USD 10,000 grand prize.
- Open to everyone, anywhere in the world
- Business ideas will be considered for all areas of green chemistry and engineering, except biofuels;
- Early stage companies dedicated to green chemistry and engineering solutions are encouraged to apply.
- Submit an executive summary of 10-15 PowerPoint slides;
- Submit a 2-3 minute video of a company pitch.
- Executive summaries and videos must be submitted to Ashley Baker at [email protected] with “Business Plan Competition” as the subject by April 8, 2016 at 5:00pm EDT (GMT -4).
For more information, visit Business Plan Competition.