Masters Scholarship at Hamburg University of Applied Science
Deadline: April 30, 2016 (Summer Semester) and October 30, 2016 (Winter Semester)
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences awards scholarships to academically strong foreign students studying in Master degree programmes. The institution (HAW Hamburg) is one of the largest of its kind in Germany and offers a wide range of Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in engineering, IT, life sciences, design and media as well as business and social sciences within four faculties.
- Up to 400 Euros/month (4 months per semester). The scholarship is for one semester; an extension for a further two semesters is possible.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Master’s programme at the HAW Hamburg;
- Applicants must have completed their school education outside of Germany or have graduated from a Studienkolleg;
- Applicants must not be eligible for BAföG;
- Master students in Design (Illustration, Communication Design, Fashion- Textile and Costume Design) cannot apply for a scholarship.
- Applicants must fulfil one of the following academic requirements:
- Non-engineering students: completion of a Bachelor’s degree or Diplom in the “Regelstudienzeit” with a grade of at least 2.0 (or equivalent to German system, if the degree is from outside Germany);
- Engineering students: completion of a Bachelor’s degree or Diplom in the “Regelstudienzeit” with a grade of at least 2.2 (or equivalent to German system, if the degree is from outside Germany);
- All grades for the first semester in a Master’s programme at the HAW Hamburg better than at least 2.5, also for extensions;
- Ideally students should also have completed an internship and have been involved in a social project or worked as a volunteer.
Please complete the application form and submit it to the International Office of the HAW Hamburg. The scholarships are awarded by a commission of the HAW Hamburg.
For more information, visit Hamburg University Scholarships.