Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program 2016 – USA (Fully-Funded)
Deadline: October 1, 2016
Applications are invited for the Humphrey Fellowship Program. The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development and professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts. Primary funding for the Humphrey Program is provided by the U.S. Congress through the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State.
The fellowship is for experienced professionals interested in strengthening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and Fellows’ home countries. During the year, Fellows pursue both their individual program goals and work closely with their Humphrey colleagues in workshops and seminars. Unlike a typical graduate school experience, the Program encourages Fellows to travel away from their host campus to learn more about American culture and to network with their American peers.
The fellowship support this fields of interests:
- Sustainable Development;
- Democratic Institution Building;
- Public health.
Eligibility/ Selection Criteria
Participants from the following regions are eligible: Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia and the Western Hemisphere. For a full list of participating countries, click here.
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences
How to Apply
Please not that there are rolling deadlines for different regions, ranging from April to September. See ‘How to Apply‘ section for details of application process.
For more information, visit the Humphrey Fellowship