Deadline: April 15, 2016
Entries are now invited for the XPRIZE® Visioneers Challenge 2016. XPRIZE is an innovation engine, a facilitator of exponential change, a catalyst for the benefit of humanity – that celebrates bold thinkers who are willing to take risks for the sake of innovation. XPRIZE competitions have launched the new space industry, resulted in an exponential increase in efficiencies to clean up devastating oil spills, and helped open up a new generation of super fuel-efficient vehicles.
Are you a misfit? a rebel? a troublemaker? Apply to be an XPRIZE Visioneer! HeroX wants you to design the next XPRIZE competition and drive the next world changing breakthrough.
The XPRIZE Visioneers challenge invites YOU to delve into the Grand Challenges you see in the world — and then to set the direction which will inspire the world’s top innovators to deliver impossible breakthroughs.
XPRIZE and the sponsors of The Visioneers are currently exploring challenges in the following areas:
- Using VR tech to teach empathy
- Retroffiting housing to drive down energy costs
- Predicting the next water contamination
- Cancer research
- ALS research
- Renewable Energy
- The XPRIZE Visioneers Bootcamp Training (May 2-4, Los Angeles, California)
- Prize Design (either part-time or full-time from May-September)
- The XPRIZE Visioneers event (September 29-October 2, Los Angeles, California)
By submitting an application to this challenge, you are offering your commitment to participate in all XPRIZE events.
- Each team of XPRIZE Visioneers will receive funding and support valued up to $100,000 USD.
- Each team member will receive funding based on their level of participation on their Visioneers team.
- All expenses to The XPRIZE Visioneers Bootcamp and The XPRIZE Visioneers event will be covered by XPRIZE.
Beyond the monetary award,
- The greatest value you will receive is your inside view of creating an XPRIZE competition, alongside some of the best prize development experts in the world.
- Your participation in The XPRIZE Visioneers event will give you access to some of the greatest inventors, innovators, and social entrepreneurs in the world.
- If selected as an XPRIZE competition, you will help drive a world-changing discovery or invention.
- The Challenge is open to all individuals, age 18 or older, private, public, and students. Innovators may originate from any country.
- Submissions must be made in English. All prize-related communication will be in English.
- HeroX is looking for the misfits, the rebels, and the creative thinkers who are excited to get their hands dirty in a problem, participate in deep research, talk to experts and inventors, and then talk to them again.
- You are eager to debate, learn, analyze, create, and work closely with other team members.
- You understand how to set audacious goals and you see a breakthrough for an impossible problem.
How to Enter
To begin your submission, login to HeroX.com and then click on the “Start here” button on the challenge page. If you have not yet registered, click on “Sign In” in the upper right hand corner. Confirm your registration via email and then come back to the challenge.
For more information, visit XPRIZE Visioneers Challenge.