Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship – University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Deadline: May 30, 2016
Applications for the Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom is ongoing. The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis on an eligible programme. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a UK first-class honours degree.
The scholarship will have a value of £21,200 and will be tenable for one academic year. The scholarship will cover tuition fees of up to £21,200 with any surplus paid as a stipend.
- Applicant must have been offered admission on a full-time basis to one of the listed eligible Human Medical programmes. Eligible programmes include:
- MSc (by Research) Biomedical Sciences
- MSc (by Research) Cardiovascular Biology
- MSc Human Anatomy
- MSc (by Research) Integrative Neuroscience
- MMedSci Medical Sciences
- MPH Public Health
- MSc Regenerative Medicine: Clinical and Industrial Delivery
- MSc (by Research) Reproductive Sciences
- MSc Science Communication and Public Engagement
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
- It is hoped that students would wish to return to the Developing World on completion of their studies where their work and furthered medical studies will benefit the area.
- Applicants must be nationals of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Paraguay, Republic of Moldova, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- If you have not yet applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh, please do so first: Degree Finder
- Please note that it is not possible to save incomplete scholarship applications.
- If you do not submit the application once started, any information you have inputted will be lost.
- Whilst completing this application you will be asked to provide the following:
- Your personal details;
- Details of any degrees you hold or expect to hold;
- A personal statement of no more than 300 words;
- Any additional information that you believe would assist us in evaluating your application;
- Details of any other scholarships or awards you hold or have held.
It is recommended that you have with you everything that you need to complete this application before you start.
Please note you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
For more information, visit Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship.