VSO Nigeria Invites Application For the Q5 & Q6 ICS Programme
Deadline: April 29, 2016
VSO is accepting applications for the 2016 Q5 and Q6 VSO-ICS Program in Nigeria. This is a three (3) months youth centered community development program that brings together young people (aged 18-25) from the UK and Nigeria. Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries.
In carefully selected communities, volunteers work in placements fully supported by our implementing partner organization(s), 2 Team Leaders and a Project Officer. Together in cross-cultural counterpart pairs, volunteers live with host families and work in the host communities. The type of work varies depending upon the needs of the community, but can include service delivery, advocacy work, and peer-to-peer education programs.
- Should be between 18-25 years.
- Positive and realistic commitment to the program
- A genuine commitment to learning
- Ability to solve problems
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work with others in a team
- Sensitivity to the needs of others
The ICS Q5 volunteering cycle will commence from June 2016 while the ICSQ6 volunteering cycle will commence from September 2016.
- Interested applicants are encouraged to ‘like’ VSO Nigeria facebook page for updates.
- Educational qualification is not a criterion for application. We seek people from all backgrounds.
- Completed forms should be returned to the VSO-ICS Team by email to [email protected] Or submit hardcopy to 9B, Sangha Street, off Mississippi Crescent, Maitama – Abuja (If you do not have access to internet/email services)
- The deadline for submission is 5pm 6th May, 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested individuals should download Q05-Cycle-VSO-ICS-application-form-2016
For more information, visit here