Call for Application: Lagos-Berlin Residency Program (Funded)
Deadline: April 30, 2016
Goethe Institut Nigeria offers a three months residency for artists and practitioners from Nigeria interested in cross disciplinary theory and practice dealing with ‘the city’. The residency offers a ‘living & work space’: furnished studio-apartments (half of which have private bathrooms), communal facilities, a platform open for public events, lectures, discussions, screenings, performances and presentations.
Through the partnership with the cultural office of Wedding/Berlin and its communal gallery, the residency offers the possibility of curatorial and artistic mentoring. Artists and practitioners are invited to use ZK/U as a platform, and propose their own formats or long-term satellite projects.
Selected fellow will be provided with:
- Airfare to and from Berlin,
- Accommodation (at ZK/U),
- A monthly stipend and a production budget.
- Curatorial assistance will be provided through Galerie Wedding, ZK/U and SAVVY Contemporary.
- Open to Nigerian citizens, there are no limitations concerning age;
- Artists should be working professionally in their fields and have a broad range of projects and exhibition experience; practitioners should have some years of professional experience.
- Successful application will include the following:
- Application form;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Portfolio, publications and/or catalogs as PDFs;
- Long description of your plans for the residency / research or project proposal (max. 5000 characters, pdf maximum size of 5MB).
- Please keep in mind the following questions: which discourse or field of practice are you referring to, how do you want to realize your work, how do you want to engage with the other fellows during your stay, what do you need or expect from the residency?
- Please send the 3 PDF documents (15mb maximum combined) through wetransfer to [email protected] Additional material can be sent by post to: Goethe-Institut Nigeria, City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, Lagos Island, Lagos.
Enquiries can be sent to [email protected] or addressed directly at Goethe-Institut Nigeria, City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, Lagos Island, Lagos.
For more information, visit Lagos-Berlin Residency Program.