Be Part of the Gender Equality Seminar 2016 – Strasbourg, France
Deadline: April 25, 2016
The Youth Department of the Council of Europe is seeking participants for its seminar “Gender equality matters”, that is taking place in Strasbourg, from June 1-3, 2016. The seminar will be an opportunity to strengthen synergies between the Youth Department and other sectors concerned in the Council of Europe, particularly the Gender Equality Unit and the Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Unit (Department of Human Dignity and Equality).
The seminar aims:
- To explore the meanings of gender equality in intercultural non-formal education youth activities, within the context of the gender equality policies of the Council of Europe;
- To review how current practices from the activities of the Youth Department apply gender equality and gender mainstreaming concerns and identify possible gaps;
- To propose guidelines for the conceptual, educational and practical implications of promoting gender equality in the activities of the Youth Department and its partners;
- To identify additional measures for promoting gender equality in the policies and activities of the Youth Department and its partners.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided by the Council of Europe;
- Travel expenses to and from Strasbourg will be reimbursed according to the rules of the Council of Europe;
- Visa costs will be reimbursed by the Council of Europe. The Council of Europe secretariat will issue invitation letter that should facilitate the delivery of visas to attend the conference.
The seminar will bring together 30 participants:
- Representatives of youth organisations holding activities in co-operation with the Youth Department of the Council of Europe;
- Policy makers and practitioners involved in youth policies, gender related policies and youth work with experience and interest in exploring the themes of the seminar;
- Representatives from the Advisory Council on Youth and the European Steering Committee on Youth;
- Trainers and experts involved in the activities of the Youth Department of the Council of Europe.
All participants should:
- Be active and have some experience in youth activities and youth policy, particularly, but not exclusively in the activities of the Youth Department of the Council of Europe;
- Be able to work in English;
- Have a good understanding of gender and gender equality matters, particularly in educational activities;
- Be motivated and committed to contribute to the seminar and its outcomes;
- Be available for the whole duration of the seminar.
Application begins on the Online Platform.
Please contact Mara Georgescu at [email protected] for questions regarding the seminar.
For more information, visit Gender Equality Seminar.