Yayasan Sime Darby Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2016
Deadline: May 6, 2016
Yayasan Sime Darby (YSD) in collaboration with Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) is offering scholarships for postgraduate studies in Sustainable Development under the RM15 million endowment programme: UKM-YSD Chair for Sustainable Development: Zero Waste Technology for the Palm Oil Industry.
The “Sustainable Development” postgraduate scholarships worth RM1.68 million provide an opportunity to Malaysian postgraduates and final year undergraduate students with a minimum CGPA of 3.2 from any recognised local and overseas universities to apply for Master’s degree and Ph.D. in the areas of bio-sciences.
- Successful applicants will receive a full scholarship package covering tuition fees, monthly stipend (between RM2,000 to RM2,500), book and thesis allowances.
- They will also be attached to the Office of the UKM-YSD Chair for Sustainable Development at the university as ‘Research Assistants’ to carry out fieldwork and data analysis while completing their postgraduate studies.
- Open to candidates who wish to pursue Master’s degrees or PhDs that is relevant to the any of the six (6) thrust areas within the Chair as below:
- Hydrogen for power and Steam generation;
- Composting of bio-solids for organic fertilizer;
- Hydrogen production from biomass;
- Pre-treatment of biomass for hydrogen production;
- Algae production to sink carbon dioxide; and
- Water recycle and reuse.
- Candidate must be Malaysian citizen;
- Candidate has achieved a Cumulative Grade Point of Average (CGPA) of at least 3.20 or its equivalent from any reputable local and overseas universities for Bachelor’s Degree (applicable for Master’s degree scholarships) and Master’s Degree (applicable for PhD scholarships).
Please submit the completed application forms together with all relevant supporting documents to the address as below:
Attention to: En. Nor Rajaie bin Hashim
UKM-Yayasan Sime Darby Chair for Sustainable Development: Zero Waste Technology
Level 1, Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment,
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
43600 UKM, Bangi
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel : +603 8921 6031
Fax : +603 8920 2314
Email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit Yayasan Sime Darby Scholarships.