Malaysian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan 2016/17
Deadline: September 15, 2016
The Malaysian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) are awarded by the Malaysian Government to the nominated students from the Commonwealth countries to study at the post-graduate level in Malaysia. This is a Government to Government scheme without any bond imposed by Malaysia. The awards for Mastersdegree are between 12 to 24 months depending on the courses. Awards for pursuing PhD degree are for 3 years. The Awards are only applicable for candidates pursuing full-time degree programme in Malaysia.
Each scholarship consists of:
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia;
- An approved tuition fees;
- Monthly maintenance allowance;
- Annual grant for books and internal travel;
- Medical / Health Insurance;
- Installation and Termination grant;
- Thesis allowance;
The Government of Malaysia reserves the rights to review the value of awards at any time (and if such changes are made, the value of scholarship will be changed and the effective date will be informed to the successful candidates).
Eligible applicants should
- Not be more than 45 years of age during application;
- Have obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out;
- Have taken one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92;
- Be in excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants;
- Write a proposal that is relevant to field of studies;
- Have applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- High-level academic achievement;
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being;
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language.
For more information, visit Malaysian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.