Louis Malassis Scientific Prize for Agriculture and Food 2017
Deadline: January 25, 2017
Agropolis Fondation created the Louis MALASSIS International Scientific Prize for Agriculture and Food in order to recognize individuals, or a group of individuals, for their exemplary and promising contribution in promoting innovation through research, development and capacity building in the North, South or in the Mediterranean Region in order to improve food and agricultural systems sustainability as well as contribute to addressing food security and poverty reduction.
The Prize consists of the following categories:
- Louis Malassis Distinguished Scientist Prize is conferred to an outstanding scientist, or a group of scientists who has made significant contribution in the field covered by the Prize through his/her (or their collective) work;
- Louis Malassis Young Promising Scientist Prize is given to a young individual, or a group of young scientists, who has carried out original and promising work in the field covered by the Prize;
- Louis Malassis Outstanding Career in Agricultural Development Prize is awarded to a person still in activity whose professional career is devoted to agricultural development, be it in the field of research, innovation, development or policy.
- The winner in each category will receive € 20,000.
- Open to all stakeholders from an academic or research organization (private or public), a civil society organization (e.g., NGOs, farmers organizations), or the private sector (e.g., small/medium enterprises).
For more information, visit Louis Malassis Scientific Prize.