UN Women Call for Applications – Champions for Change 2016-17
Deadline: November 1, 2016
UN Women’s Empower Women is seeking applications from dynamic and creative women/girls and men/boys from all over the world to champion women’s economic empowerment. The Champion of Change programme was designed with the intention to help increase awareness about women’s economic empowerment, popularize the EmpowerWomen.org platform and help UN Women drive change beyond its on-the-ground presence.
Are you passionate about gender equality and women’s economic empowerment? Would you like to apply your skills to make a difference in your own community and beyond? Do you have access to the internet? Apply now to become a global Champion for Change.
Champions commit About three to four hours per week for five months. As a Champion;
- You will be expected to use your expertise, skills, and knowledge to promote women’s economic empowerment online and offline.
- You will be able to actively participate and lead online discussions; contribute blog posts; share relevant resources; invite networks to join; and explore innovative tools and solutions for women’s economic empowerment; and develop a personal or group project to empower women online and in your community.
- You will work closely with the Empower Women team at UN Women on a personal or group project;
- You will be visible and get recognized for your contributions in front of an audience of almost 1,000,000 people from more than 190 countries;
- You will be able to network with 17,000 peers and experts.
- You will also have the opportunity to acquire new knowledge and learn skills (through webinars, online discussions, blog posts, and much more).
Participation is on a voluntary basis. No funds will be available to cover the costs of your participation.
- Individual women/girls and men/boys from different professional backgrounds and skill sets.
- Students are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who are younger than 18 years old at the time of application will need to provide parents approval and consent
If you are interested in joining this programme, please complete your application.
For more information, visit UN Women Champions for Change