Water Integrity Network Photo Competition 2017
Deadline: January 31, 2017
How does corruption and malpractice affect water and wastewater management? What does integrity in wastewater management mean? How can we visualize it? Submit photos for the Water Integrity Network Photo Competition. Your photos could have the power to reflect how increased water integrity can change the water sector and improve lives. Images can help show the impact of corruption and poor governance. WIN is proud to relaunch the photo competitions and encourages photographers to share their vision and make a difference for water integrity.
Winner will be rewarded with a 1000 USD voucher for photography equipment. Winners will be announced on World Water Day 2017, March 22, 2017. All shortlisted photos will be displayed on the WIN website.
- The competition is open to general public, however WIN staff and members, or their relatives may not apply.
Terms and Conditions
- Each participant may submit up to a maximum of 2 photographs, in digital formats (JPEG/GIF/BMP);
- Each photo must be accompanied with a short conceptualization caption (up to max. 30 words);
- By entering the competition, the participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photo is an original work created solely by the participant and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph;
- By entering the competition, the participant assumes, privately, personally and exclusively, all civil/criminal liability related to people, animals and/or objects depicted in their work, resulting from the concept, creation and marketing of their image and releases any such liabilities from the Water Integrity Network, its institutional partners and any other publishing or marketing body related to the promotion of the competition;
- By entering the competition, the shortlisted participant grants permission to the Water Integrity Network (WIN) to utilize and reproduce their photos at any such time and for any such non-commercial means as it desires, without any limitation on space, timeframe, language, quantity of copies and quantity of usage, by way of the media, formats and channels which it has approved including but not limited to: newspapers, internet, media in general, reports, books, posters, banners, in whichever venue, conference, seminar, national or international display, or by other materials and media of any nature, provided that the photos are correctly credited to their photographer (the participant);
- All participants authorize the Water Integrity Network to use their image, name and personal details in photos and advertising spots and by whichever type of media and promotional material, for publicizing the results of the competition,
The jury will select the winner by considering the following criteria:
- Quality, and
To participate, send in one to two photos before 23:59 CET on 31 January 2017 with captions, along with a signed competition terms form at [email protected].
For more information, visit WIN Photo Competition.