WSBE17 Hong Kong International Youth Competition
Deadline: December 21, 2017
The World Sustainable Built Environment (WSBE17) Hong Kong – International Youth Competition invites imaginative ideas, projects and action plans that best demonstrate an innovative interpretation of the Conference theme “Transforming Our Built Environment through Innovation and Integration: Putting Ideas into Action” and the key discussion areas.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) and the Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC) jointly present the World Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2017 Hong Kong (WSBE17 Hong Kong) to be held from June 5-7, 2017. WSBE17 Hong Kong is the world conference of the 2015-2017 cycle of the renowned SBE Conference Series, which is now considered to be the most influential of its kind globally.
Shortlisted teams will
- Display their brilliant ideas at WSBE17 Hong Kong;
- Be known to over 1,800 global industry experts;
- Present in front of a panel of internationally acclaimed judges;
- Win a cash prize of HK$10,000 and 2 Conference Tickets.
- The Competition is open internationally to multidisciplinary teams;
- Team members ahould be aged 30 or below;
Each team must consist of:
At least 2 full-time tertiary students who study in sustainable built environment-related disciplines, e.g. Architecture/ Engineering/ Green Building Studies/ Building Technology/ Urban Planning and Design/ Landscape/ Surveying, etc., AND
At least 2 team members from other subjects such as natural sciences, social sciences, economics, medicine, etc.
Teams can have up to 8 members (Each team can invite 1 consultant as team counsel to provide professional advice.)
- Presentation panel
- 1 panel in A1 size laid out in landscape format must be digitally submitted in one single file. The template can be downloaded here.
- The panel should include a brief profile of all team members with a 100-word executive summary in English. The summary should describe the key concepts and features relevant to the competition theme and requirements.
- File Format and size
- The file must be saved as high resolution PDF capable of being conveniently viewed on a computer screen as well as to be printed out to A1 size for exhibition (300 dpi);
- The file must be named under the following logic: WSBE17 Hong Kong_IYC_Entry ID
- Content: The content should be sufficient to convey a clear understanding of the Conference theme. The panel could consist of drawings, rendered images, photographs, thumbnails, text or anything entrants find suitable to illustrate their ideas;
- Copyright: All work submitted must be the applicant’s original work. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure that the work submitted does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark and design rights.
Submit all registration and presentation panel therough the online system before the deadline.
- Deadline for submission: 21 Dec 2016
- Announcement of shortlisted teams: End of Feb 2017
- Presentation of shortlisted teams to the jury, Prize Presentation, Exhibition of shortlisted entries: 5-7 Jun 2017 (Incorporated in the Conference Programme, exact date to be announced)
For more information, visit WSBE17 Hong Kong.