Berlin Potsdam Research Group Fellowships 2017 (Fully-funded to Berlin, Germany)
Deadline: January 31, 2017
The Berlin Potsdam Research Group “The International Rule of Law – Rise or Decline?“ invites applications for three Fellowships from 1 September 2017. The Research Group examines the role of international law in a changing global order.
The Group addresses these questions from a legal and a political science perspective
- Can we, under the current significantly changing conditions, still observe an increasing juridification of international relations based on a universal understanding of values, or are we, to the contrary, rather facing a tendency towards an informalization or a reformalization of international law, or even an erosion of international legal norms?
- Would it be appropriate to revisit classical elements of international law in order to react to structural changes, which may give rise to a more polycentric or non-polar world order?
- Or are we simply observing a slump in the development towards an international rule of law based on a universal understanding of values?
This is a fixed-term position for a period of 12 months which may be extended by up to a further year. Fellows will work at Humboldt University Berlin. They will cooperate with the group’s senior researchers and participate in the academic exchange of the Research Group. They are expected to complete a peer-reviewed publication project during their fellowship.
A monthly stipend of 2500,00 Euro plus a roundtrip (economy) is attached to the position from which all costs will have to be covered.
The Junior Fellowships are designed for applicants worldwide with a doctorate in international law or in international relations. The proposed projects should relate to the Group’s area of research. Applicants should have completed their PhD by 1 September 2017 and should not have pursued more than 2 years of postdoctoral research. Candidates from outside Europe are particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants are not expected to speak German.
Applicants should submit:
- a curriculum vitae including transcripts of degrees awarded and a list of publications;
- a description of current research and of a project to be pursued during the first year of the Fellowship (no more than 1000 words);
- a summary of the candidate’s doctoral thesis;
- two letters of recommendation.
Please send your application in ONE pdf-file via email to [email protected]
For more information, visit Berlin Potsdam Research Group.