Deadline: February 19, 2017
The Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) Africa comprises three weeks of intensive training spread out over seven months – all revolving around sustainable business and responsible leadership. All selected participants will have to commit to participate in all activities of both the kick-off and Module 1 and 2. Participants are also expected to allocate some time and effort in between modules for web-based group work as well as individual programme related project work.
- The programme is free of charge and costs related to accommodation, food and transport while in Sweden is covered by the Swedish Institute;
- Participants are responsible for obtaining their visas in good time before departure to Sweden and other relevant countries.
Applicants have to
- Be in a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector with a minimum of five years of managerial experience
- Be in a position to drive decisions and have a mandate to influence the business strategies of your organisation
- Be interested in learning more about Corporate Responsibility as a tool for good management
- Be between 25-45 years old
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Be a citizen of Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia or Zambia and a resident of one of the selected countries
The applications will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
- The relevance and quality of personal motivation and commitment, and the applicant’s answers in the application form;
- An assessment of the CV;
- The general qualifications of the applicant
A complete application consists of:
- A complete application form in PDF format, in English.
- An updated CV in English.
Please ensure that the application form in PDF format and CV reaches organizers by e-mail [email protected] by February 19, 2017. Write your name and country in the e-mail’s subject line.
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to [email protected].
- Deadline for applications: February 19, 2017;
- Interviews: February 24 – March 24, 2017;
- Accepted applicants will be informed by the end of April;
- Kick-off in the region (2 days): June, dates are to be confirmed;
- Module 1 in Sweden: September 11 – 23, 2017;
- Module 2: February 12 – 17, 2018 (location to be confirmed).
If you have not heard from organizers by end of April you have not been accepted to SIMP Africa 2017.
For more information, visit SIMP Africa.