Deadline: January 23, 2017
Are you a young person looking to creating change in your community and want to make a difference across Ghana? Do you want to make a impactful and sustainable change? Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT), in partnership with GhanaThink Foundation, is pleased to announce the Ghana Youth Social Entrepreneurship Competition. They are calling out to youth as partners for the implementation of their ideas which are geared towards achieving the SDGs.
This challenge is seeking youth as agents of community development through social enterprises. As an applicant, you must be passionate about social entrepreneurship and social innovation and be willing to create social change.
DOT is an international non-profit organization that believes in the power of youth-led innovation, that communities can be shaped by empowering youth to create sustainable initiatives inspired by community needs, and that social innovation is accelerated when supported by digital technology.
- Receive cutting-edge coaching and mentorship support to develop your own innovative social
- Selected participants will go through a free 2-month training on how to develop their social enterprise ideas using human-centred design approach
- Selected participants will receive both financial and non-financial support to test and implement their ideas
- The final selected participants will attend the global DOT Unconference in Kigali, Rwanda in May 2017 to pitch your idea
- Age bracket: 18 – 29 years at the time of application
- Tech savvy and computer literate
- A citizen of Ghana or resident in Ghana
- Have an innovative solution to a community problem which is at the early ideation stage. If you have been thinking through an idea which has a social impact, then you can apply.
- Applicants must be committed and available throughout the programme to attend trainings and workshops.
Reporting Requirements: Selected applicants will be expected to pitch their idea for support.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Take time to research what a social business or social enterprise is, and to clarify your business idea.
- Step 2: Fill in the online application
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful applicants will be notified by 27th January, 2017. If selected, you will be required to attend a compulsory meetups with all the other selected participants.
For more information, visit Digital Opportunity Trust.