Koffi Addo Writivism Prize for Creative Non-fiction 2017
Deadline: March 31, 2017
Submit entries for the 2017 Koffi Addo Prize for Creative Non-Fiction. The Koffi Addo Writivism Prize is an annual award for creative non-fiction by emerging African writers administered by the Center for African Cultural Excellence (CACE).
- Short listed writers may be invited to attend the annual Writivism Festival in Kampala, Uganda, from August 24 – 27, 2017;
- The winner of the prize will be awarded $500 (USD) cash and may be considered for a one month writing residency at a university in an African country;
- The winner will be required to produce a complete first draft of a publishable creative nonfiction manuscript before the residency.
- Entrants must be unpublished writers (unpublished here means those who have not had a book published), resident in an African country;
- Only one entry per writer may be submitted for the Koffi Addo Writivism Prize for Non Fiction. The story must be original and previously unpublished in any form (including on the writer’s personal blog);
- All entries will be checked automatically for plagiarism using electronic software. Entries found to be plagiarized will be disqualified without notification to the writer;
- All entries must be in English, and 2,500 – 3,500 words long;
- Entries should be attached in Microsoft Word or Rich Text formats, with the title of the story as the file name. The first page of the story should include the name of the story and the number of words;
- The entry must be typed in Times New Roman 12 point font and 1.5 line spacing. No mention should be made on the identity of the writer in the entry.
- Entries must be submitted online, by emailing them to email@example.com as attachments (not in the body email), clearly labeled in the subject: Koffi Addo Prize;
- The writer must include in the body of the email, other information about him/her, as country of residence, age, legal name and pen name (where applicable) and telephone contact.
For more information, visit Koffi Addo Prize.