European Development Days Young Leaders Programme in Brussels, Belgium 2017
Deadline: March 9, 2017
Applications are open for the European Development Days (EDD) Young Leaders Programme 2017. At EDD 2017, young people will have their voices heard in policy discussions that will shape our future. The 16 selected Young Leaders will share their views and experiences in high-level debates, alongside world leaders and other change-makers in the development field.
During their visit to Brussels, Young Leaders get the chance to visit European institutions, participate in workshops, meet key policymakers and interact with other young people driving change around the world. They will speak at various sessions and enjoy full access to the whole conference.
- Travel and accommodation is covered by the European Commission.
- Applicants must be between 21 and 26 at the time of the forum (June 7-8, 2017);
- Applications are open to young adults from all around the world, without restriction of nationality;
- Applications must be submitted in one of the following official European Commission languages: English / French / Spanish. The candidate must be able to speak clearly and comprehensively in one of these languages, as well as
have a mandatory intermediate level of English;
- Applicants must be able to travel to and participate in EDD 2017 in Brussels from May 31 to June 10, 2017.
Applications will be evaluated based on three criteria:
- 40% Your knowledge of your chosen topic and the relevance of your active engagement. Candidates are encouraged to show how their activities have had an impact on the community;
- 30% Your role as a representative of an organisation, other youth or community, and your leadership experience or potential;
- 30% Your public speaking skills and ability to speak at a high-level panel.
For more information, visit EDD Young Leaders Programme.