Deadline: April 7, 2017
Since 2011, the Investment Round has successfully supported projects to raise €1.2 billion (bn), with EIT InnoEnergy investing €147 million and the remainder being funded by partner companies and investors. This has resulted in the creation of 250 project partners across Europe, with 78 products now commercially viable and linked to €3bn in forecasted sales.This year’s Investment Round has a simplified, streamlined application. By connecting successful applicants with InnoEnergy’s pan-European network of industry experts, businesses and researchers, the round will help European businesses – start-ups, SMEs or larger, address the challenges faced when commercialising technology – shortening the journey from lab to launch.
- Gives access to over 160 European project partners to support the development of new products
- Provide investment funding to help make your project a reality
- Identify market needs and potential customers
- Shorten the time to market for innovative ideas
- Turn prototypes into commercial products within five years
- Your aim should be to develop an innovative product or service which could be ready to go to market within less than five years.
- You have successfully carried out a proof of concept (pilot or type test validation), corresponding to a Technology Readiness Level greater or equal to five (TRL >= 5)
- You must be part of a consortium of at least three, but no more than seven, European partners from both the research and industry sectors.
- The consortium needs to be made up of partners from at least two different countries and at least one of the companies commercialising the product or service must be involved in the project from the beginning.
- Begin application process here
For more information, visit EIT InnoEnergy Investment Round 2017.