CEHC Scholarships for MSc Public Health for Eye Care 2017/18
Deadline: May 12, 2017
Applications for the 2017/18 CEHC Scholarships for MSc Public Health for Eye Care at LSHTM are now open. The Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a well-established course that aims to train leaders in prevention of blindness and to strengthen research and academic capacity for eye care programmes and training facilities, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. The course provides eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their population.
- Each scholarship covers course fees, two return flights, dissertation project funds, living costs and accommodation at the International Students House in Central London.
The applicant must:
- Come from low or middle income Commonwealth countries that are less represented in the alumni body of the MSc Public health for eye care;
- Work in regions where there are severe constraints in human resources for eyehealth;
- Work in regions where there are no / limited training opportunities in PHEC /community eye health;
- Demonstrate previous involvement / commitment to community eye healthactivities or VISION2020 programmes;
- Present a clear career plan in public health for eye care, which they will realistically;
- Be able to follow on completion of the MSc;
- Have experience in public health for eye care based research and/or training in eyecare;
- Fulfil the UK Border Agency English Language Requirement by passing the LSHTM English language requirement by May 12, 2017.
Download and complete the form and submit to the ICEH Student & Alumni Engagement Officer – Romulo Fabunan at Romulo.Fabunan@Lshtm.ac.uk by the deadline: 12 May, 2017 17.00 GMT.
For more information, visit CEHC Scholarships for MSc Public Health for Eye Care.