Thomson Foundation/RTÉ Mojocon Mobile Journalism Competition 2017
Deadline: March 17, 2017
Thomson Foundation has once again teamed up with RTE MojoCon Ireland to launch its third mobile journalism competition. Works will be judged by an expert panel who will be looking for a feature story or news report shot and edited entirely on a mobile device, which excites, intrigues and surprises them and demonstrates impact and creativity.
The story must be produced by ONE individual and entries will be marked on the following:
- Journalism: Originality and credibility of the story, demonstrating original research, effort and use of interviews.
- Impact: Importance of the subject matter and the impact the story has achieved.
- Uniqueness to medium: Innovative and appropriate use of mobile recording techniques.
- Storytelling: Clarity of the storytelling.
- Technical quality: Technical quality of the production.
- The winner will receive a full mojo kit worth approximately €800, plus return flights to Galway, Ireland, five-star accommodation and tickets to the MojoCon conference from 4th to 6th May 2017.
- The competition is open worldwide;
- It would be preferred if entries were in English, however, other languages with on screen subtitles are acceptable;
- Entrants must create a mobile journalism story, either a feature or TV-style news report with a run time of 2-5 minutes;
- The story must be filmed and edited ENTIRELY on a mobile device (i.e. smartphone &/OR tablet);
- Any device (iOS, Windows Phone, Android, RIM BB) capable of shooting and editing content can be used once the quality of the content is delivered in HD;
- Video entries should be uploaded to YouTube with the hashtag #MoJoConTFComp clearly in the title and description.
- Entries should be submitted using the entry form no later than 11pm on Friday 17 March, 2017.
For more information, visit Thomson Foundation Mobile Journalism Competition.