AWARD AgTech Innovation Challenge 2017 for West and North Africa
Deadline: March 9, 2017
GAIA is now accepting applications from institutions and enterprises for the 2017 AWARD AgTech Innovation Challenge for West and North Africa. GAIA has been launched by African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD) to increase agribusiness investments in technological and business model innovations that help bridge the gender gap in African agriculture and particularly those that enhance the positive participation of African women in agricultural value chains across the continent.
AWARD is looking for institutions and business enterprises with innovations spanning the research-to-commercialization continuum, and those addressing business model re-invention. Innovations should contribute towards transforming agricultural practices for improved incomes and food security for ALL, including women. Successful AgTech innovations should demonstrate a clear focus on bridging the gender gap in African agriculture. They should be scalable across multiple geographies in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The top 25 companies will participate in an in-depth boot camp, and then be showcased to investors, incubators, and other support organizations in Accra, Ghana from March 29-31, 2017. The goal of this challenge is to increase agribusiness investments in technological and business model innovations that have the potential to help close the gender gap in African agriculture.
AWARD GAIA is looking for enterprises that:
- Serve the agriculture or allied sectors;
- Demonstrate clear benefits to groups that are often marginalized in agriculture including women smallholder farmers and other women value chain actors;
- Have an innovative technology or business model;
- Have a clear for-profit business model with high potential for scale;
- Have some proof of concept on the ground, conducted pilots and are preferably generating revenues;
- Are seeking funding to commercialize or scale.
- To apply, please complete this application form.
For any enquiries, contact: Arielle.email@example.com or AWARDQueries@cgiar.org.
Submissions will be evaluated on a rolling basis until March 9, 2017. Early submissions are encouraged, and winners will be notified on March 13, 2017.
For more information, visit AWARD AgTech Innovation Challenge.