NWAG Scholarship for Young Nigerians in Georgia 2017
Deadline: April 30, 2017
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award two one-time scholarships in the state of Georgia, in the amount of Five Hundred Dollars each, to Georgia High School seniors.
NWAG, a non-profit organization based in Atlanta Georgia, was founded in April 2000 with a mission to empower women, youth and children in their adopted community in the United States and in their home country, Nigeria. As of 2016 NWAG has successfully awarded a one-time, one year scholarship to 470 female students in Nigeria and 48 students in Georgia, USA.
- Two students will receive $500 USD each
- Applicants must be a Nigerian female or male, high school student of Nigerian descent.
- Download the application form;
- All applicants must include the following:
- Proof of state of residence;
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Principal, Asst. Principal, Teacher or Counselor;
- One letter of recommendtion must come from either the Principal or Assistant Principal of your school;
- Photocopy of your current high school student identification card;
- A current photograph of yourself;
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship not more than one-half typed double spaced page);
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on: “Discuss the significance of Nigerian cultural youth associations in Georgia in regards to the growth and development of young Nigerian Americans”
Completed application can be submitted with all required documents to NWAG either electronically via email at email@example.com or by regular mail to P.O. Box 14542, Atlanta, GA 30324. Subject line of email: Name of Applicant, and all electronic submissions must be in PDF or Word format. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.
For more information, visit NWAG Scholarship in Georgia.