Andreu World International Design Contest 2017
Deadline: November 24, 2017
Andreu World launches its 17th annual International furniture Design Contest and opens registration for 2017. The competition is open to both design students and to professionals, with no age limit. Participants are invited to submit new designs for a wooden chair and/or table. The following requirements from the competition briefing are relevant:
- Seating: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Chairs may be upholstered to a greater or lesser extent, if considered appropriate and veneered board or plywood;
- Tables: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Tables may be veneered board or plywood;
- The use of other materials such as metals, plastics, glass, etc. is allowed when complementary, structural or incidental to the above;
- All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or disclosed prior to the date of the Contest.
Andreu World has grown and evolved convinced that their philosophy, attention to detail, excellence and good design, is the fundamental guide to continue being who they are now and in the future. At the core of Andreu Wood is wood, there is no other material as unique, warm and noble. Woodworking is a philosophy unto itself, it is a way of relating to the world. Over time they have sought to maintain these qualities in all of their designs, regardless of the materials and technology employed.
- The best design for 2017 will be awarded with 3,000 Euro;
- The second best, with 1,000 Euro;
- A maximum of four (4) non-monetary prizes will also be announced. The awards ceremony will be held in December 2017.
- Open to both design students and to professionals, with no age limit;
- Participants are invited to submit new designs for a wooden chair and/or table;
- More than one entry is allowed per participant. Group submissions are also possible and permitted.
- New participants may register by completing the form available here. Following registration, participants will be sent an email with a link to validate the registration. Once registered, participants can identify themselves in the website using their personal password in order to consult and modify their personal data in the “Edit your data” section within the “Personal data” menu.
- Participants may complete the registration process for the Andreu World International Design Contest once they have obtained a participant number;
- Once you have identified yourself in the website, you can consult and request your participant numbers (for example: 20170001) in the Participant numbers section within the Inscription menu. Each participant must request a participant number for each project presented. You can request as many participant numbers as are necessary.