Government of China and AUC Master’s Scholarships for Africans to Study in China 2017/2018
Deadline: June 10, 2017
Applications are open for Master’s Scholarship Tenable at various Universities in the People’s Republic of China. The Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role to ensure the coordination of AU programmes in Education and Human Resource Development; Science, Technology and Innovation; and Youth empowerment. The Department provides technical support to Member States in the development and implementation of policies and programmes towards harmonization, intra-African collaboration and experience sharing, as well as quality assurance in these fields, as contribution to attainment of the AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity of Africa.
The Government of The People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offers to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students study in China in the 2017/2018 Academic Year.
The scholarships are intended for studies leading to the award of the following Masters Degrees:
- Management (Rural Development and Management Studies) – (China Agricultural University).
- Social Work in “Women’s Leadership and Social Development- (China Women’s University)
- Public Health- School of International Education- (Southern Medical University)
- International Communication- (Communication University of China).
- Traffic and Transportation Engineering- (Beijing Jiaotong University)
- Public Policy- (Peking University).
- Public Administration- School of Public policy and Management- (Tsinghua University)
- Public Administration in International Development and Governance- (Tsinghua University)
- Finance- (Central University of Finance and Economics).
- Professional Accounting- (Shanghai National Accounting Institute)
- Auditing- (Nanjing Audit University)
- Environmental Management and Sustainable Development (Tongji University)
- Comparative Education- (Zhejiang Normal University)
- The scholarships are open to all qualified African Nationals who meet the admission requirements set forth below.
- The Language of Instruction will be in English.
- Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles in Africa are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates applying for Masters’ programmes must satisfy the following requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- Maximum age of 32 years
- Fluency in the English language, as it is the teaching language
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written or oral examination after pre-selection.
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation for applying and how the qualification will enable you to serve the continent.
Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience and publications if any;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, and personal details page of national passport (at least six month validity)
- Clear colored passport size photograph (3*4)
- Recommendations from two academic referees and one personal referee
- Health Certificate.
All applicants must apply directly through the University website and in addition, apply for scholarship through the Chinese government website and send copies by email for scholarship nomination to Oluleye Matthew Adewuyi – AdewuyiO@africa-union.org and copied to Hilda Muhu – MuhuH@africa-union.org.
For more information, visit AUC Chinese Scholarships.