World Bank Agritech Challenge for Kenyans 2017
Deadline: July 25, 2017
Apply now for the World Bank Agritech Challenge for Kenyans 2017. The World Bank AgriTech Challenge is the first open innovation programme that bridges Kenyan techpreneurs with a vertically integrated agribusiness value chain. The 2-month long co-creation activity will include integration-focused workshops, one-on-one interactions with industry veterans, and structured product development. Each team will aim to develop a prototype or customize a solution in partnership with experienced operational professionals. These will be then presented to senior executives and investors at a Demo Day for potential commercial adoption and scale.
- Accelerated product development: A chance to work with a leading, established industry player to build, test and potentially scale your solution;
- Resources: Access to the insights, internal infrastructure and operational excellence developed by the World Bank and one of the region’s most successful agribusiness corporates;
- Mentorship: One-on-one guidance from agribusiness veterans, integration consultants and startup capacity building experts;
- Intros to senior executives and investors: A platform to present your solution to senior industry executives and quality investors.
- The program is open only to Kenya-based teams;
- They are looking for multidisciplinary teams that are passionate about AgriTech. You could be a startup, a promising SME, a team of agribusiness / logistics / supply chain technologists, or even a bunch of college students with a compelling idea and the ability to execute.
- Complete the application form.
- July 4, 2017: Applications Open
- July 17 – 28, 2017: Corporate Introductions & Site Visits
- July 31, 2017: Pitch Day for Selections
- August 3, 2017: Selected teams notified
- August 7 – 18, 2017: Pre-discussions over calls/Skype
- August 21, 2017: Start of Acceleration & co-creation programme
- October 6, 2017: Demo Day
Applications close July 25, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so the sooner you submit the better! Have a question? Read more on the FAQ or get in touch via mail: [email protected]
For more infomration, visit World Bank Agritech Challenge.