ARThinkSouthAsia Fellowship for Leaders in Arts & Culture 2018 – 2019 (fully-funded)
Deadline: October 31, 2017
Applications are open for the ARThinkSouthAsia Fellowship 2018 – 2019. The ARThinkSouthAsia Fellowship is designed to help develop skills, knowledge, networks and experience of potential leaders in the arts and cultural sector of South Asia. ATSA believes that by supporting exceptional individuals to make a step‐change in their skills and career potential, they can bring substantial benefit to the cultural field as a whole. 15 Fellows will be selected from across South Asia. The Fellowship is supported by Goethe-Institut, British Council, and the Piramal Art Foundation.
ARThinkSouthAsia is a management, policy and research programme in the arts and cultural sector. Initiated in 2010 by the Goethe-Institut in India, supported by the British Council since 2013 and the Piramal Art Foundation since 2014, the programme is dedicated to founding and supporting a cadre of arts managers committed to the cause of capacity building in the South Asian region.
The Fellowship is fully funded and includes:
- A two‐week residential course in India in May 2018: This includes intensive modules in Strategic Planning, Cultural Policy, Marketing and Communications, Fundraising, HR, and Finance. These modules will be led by a mix of Indian and international professional trainers and academics, and will be supplemented by expert guest lectures. Participation in the residential programme is mandatory;
- A 30-day secondment with a cultural institution in Germany/UK/South Asia over the year 2018-19;
- A concluding seminar in May 2019. (to be confirmed)
- Open to residents of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Iran, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka only
- Applicants should have minimum 3 years of work experience in the arts/culture sector;
- Submission of an on‐going arts/culture project is welcome.
To apply, download the application form from our website and email the completed PDF form along with your supporting documents to [email protected] Please note that incomplete applications, or applications sent via post will not be accepted.
If you are selected for the fellowship, you will be notified via email. You will then be required to submit:
- A countersigned contract that will be sent to you upon notification of selection
- A scanned copy of your passport
- A No Objection Certificate from your current employers (if applicable)
- October 31 2017: Application Deadline
- November 10, 2017: Acknowledgement of receipt to candidates who have submitted complete applications. Please note that organisers will not be able acknowledge your application if it is incomplete or if it does not pertain to the arts and culture field.
- December 20, 2017: Notification to shortlisted candidates
For more information, visit ATSA Fellowship.