Beirut Hackathon – First SDGS Data Dive Camp in the Arab Region (Winners get valuable cash prizes)
Deadline: September 10, 2017
This is an open call to all coders, hackers, and designers in the Arab region. Participate in the First SDGs Data Dive Camp and get an opportunity to produce visual content on development issues of your concern and win valuable cash prizes.
The Arab Development Portal (ADP) is a comprehensive, one-stop knowledge resource that aims to improve the scope, depth, reliability, and availability of high-quality development knowledge to support development progress in the Arab World.
Within the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, ADP is launching an open data Hackathon titled “Visualize 2030” – the First 5-day SDGs Data Dive Camp in the Arab Region – between October 19-23, 2017. Youths are invited to visualize how their country or the Arab region would look like by 2030, to compete with other data and development enthusiasts from the region and become part of a challenging event.
- The top 30 participants and ideas stand a chance to be selected to participate in the Visualize 2030 Camp.
- Top 3 winners on the last day get valuable cash prizes.
- All the applicants’ expenses will be covered by UNDP.
The following are eligible to participate:
- Coders, hackers, programmers, designers, data analysts, data scientists, statisticians, development practitioners, photographers, and enthusiasts.
- Applicants should be 18-30 years old.
- Applicants are expected to be from the Arab region.
- Must be skilled enough to process data and produce innovative and creative stories.
- Must be concerned with the future of your country or the Arab region and how to improve your life and the lives of others.
- The applicants can apply as individuals or form teams of up to 3 members each.
- Interested individual applicants are expected to submit the following in the application form:
- A letter of interest: a motivational letter to participate in the camp (up to 2 pages).
- A professional portfolio (be creative in presenting your portfolio).
- An application on the project/idea you wish to develop (completely filled).
- Samples of previous work (in the format you think suitable).
- In the case of teams, the following should be submitted in the application form:
- A joint letter of interest enclosing how their participation as a team is of value-added (up to 2 pages).
- A professional portfolio of each team member (be creative in presenting your portfolio).
- An application on the project/idea the team to be addressed (completely filled).
- Samples of previous work as a team or individual (in the format you think suitable).
- Incomplete submissions will be automatically considered non-eligible.
- You can present your submissions in English or Arabic.
- Send your complete application to the following email ADP@undp.org.
For more information, kindly visit ADP.