Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards for Women 2017
Deadline: November 15, 2017
Applications are being accepted for the 2017 Live Your Dream Awards for Women. The Awards assist women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects. The award is an initiative of Soroptimist, a global volunteer organization working to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
Each year, more than $1.7 million in education grants are awarded to more than 1,300 women, many of whom have overcome enormous obstacles including poverty, domestic violence and/or drug and alcohol abuse. Live Your Dream Awards recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation.
Since the Live Your Dream Awards program began in 1972, about $30 million in education grants have been disbursed to assist tens of thousands of women achieve their dreams of a better life for themselves and their families. In 2007, the program received the Associations Advance America Summit Award—ASAE & The Center for Association Leadership’s highest level of recognition.
The Live Your Dream Awards involves three levels of cash awards.
- The program begins at the local Soroptimist club-level, where award amounts vary. Local-level award recipients become eligible for region-level awards of either $3,000 or $5,000. Region-level award recipients then become eligible to receive one of three international-level awards of $10,000.
You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents;
- Has financial need;
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program;
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals;
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela);
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award;
- Does not have a graduate degree;
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either;
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes and is only necessary if you are a resident of the United States. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.)
- Begin your application here
- The application period is open through November 15, 2017. Walk through the submission process after you have your complete application and two references. Please note you may only submit your application materials once. Submitting to multiple clubs will disqualify you from consideration.