Open Society Arts for Community Programs 2017-18 for Hungarians
Deadline: October 6, 2017
Apply now for the Open Society Arts for Community Programs. The Open Society Foundations are offering support to Hungary through the New community programs, a new line of funding focused on social issues and arts and cultural projects. Since 1984, the Open Society Foundations have invested over $400 million in helping to improve the lives of millions of Hungarians from free school breakfasts to fighting corruption, to distributing scholarships and improving conditions in public hospitals.
The Open Society Foundations are grounded on the concept of an open society built on the pluralism of ideas and social participation. One of their priorities is supporting organizations and artists in the cultural sphere. They believe that free cultural activities are an important component of democratic societies, since they are just as suitable for introducing new ideas to the community, and for reflecting on traditions and history. They are therefore launching a call for proposals for funding cultural programs in Budapest.
Applications are invited on the following topics:
- Budapest, a Living Space
- Theatre and Debate
- Music and Debate
- Tradition and Innovation: The Memory of the “Place”
- Storytelling Festival
Grants awarded under this call for proposals must end no later than December 31, 2018.
- The maximum amount of a grant will be 3 million HUF. The grant will be transferred in one instalment up front, after signing the grant contract. A narrative and a financial report is due at the end of the project period.
The Open Society Foundations will support creative communities and individuals implementing cultural projects which/who meet the following conditions:
- In the past two years, the applicant successfully implemented similar programs consistent with the objectives determined in their deed of foundation;
- The applying organization is funded from multiple sources;
- The activity described in the proposal relates to the Budapest cultural scene.
- Applicants are requested to submit a proposal of no more than three pages (A4 format, maximum 1,600 words on three pages) describing the project and the method of delivery, justifying the relevance of the program, and describing its expected impact. The Open Society Foundations reserve the right to request, if necessary, further information from the applicants concerning their submitted plans.
- Individuals are requested to attach a detailed CV to their proposal.
- Annexes required:
- Application form
- Deed of foundation of the applying organization (copy)
- 2016 Annual Report
- The 2017 budget of the applying organization (copy)
Proposals must be submitted by e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. All proposals must be received by October 6, 2017, 12:00 noon.
For more information, visit Open Society Arts for Community Programs.