Echoing Green Fellowship 2018 for Social Entrepreneurs Worldwide (Up to $90,000 stipend)
Deadline: October 24, 2017
The Echoing Green fellowship program 2018 is now open for applications. Echoing Green is seeking the World’s Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs to join one of their three fellowship programs. The Programs will provide more than $4.6 million in unrestricted seed-stage funding and strategic foundational support this year to emerging leaders working to bring about positive social change.
Do you have a solution that will help your community thrive, an idea that will create new pathways to justice, or see a fresh opportunity where others only see obstacles? Then the Echoing Green Fellowship is for you!
- The Global Fellowship is open to any social entrepreneur, from anywhere in the world, with an innovative solution for any issue.
- The Black Male Achievement Fellowship supports leaders dedicated to improving the life outcomes of black men and boys in the United States.
- The Climate Fellowship, built in partnership with the ZOOM Foundation, was launched for leaders committed to mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
Echoing Green Fellows are the innovators, instigators, pioneers, and rebels that reject the status quo and drive positive social change all over the world. While their work, their geographies, and even their approaches may be as varied as the problems they are working to solve, their common passion and commitment form the base of this robust, active community of leaders.
The Fellowships are awarded annually to individuals or partners who receive:
- A dedicated Echoing Green portfolio manager to assist in the development of an Individualized Fellow Plan, access to technical expertise and pro bono partnerships to help grow their organization, and support from Echoing Green chaplains
- Leadership development, peer mentorship, and targeted networking opportunities
- A community of like-minded social entrepreneurs, public service leaders, and industry leaders including the Echoing Green network of over 700 Fellows working in sixty countries all over the world.
- A stipend of $80,000 for individuals (or $90,000 for two-person partnerships) paid in four equal installments over two years
- A health insurance stipend and yearly professional development stipend
In order to be eligible for an Echoing Green Fellowship, the applicant must:
- be over 18 years old
- be fluent in English
- be able to commit a full 40 hour work week to their organization.
In order to be eligible for an Echoing Green Fellowship, the organization must:
- be the original idea of the applicant(s)
- be in its start-up phase (usually within the first two years of operation)
- be independent and autonomous.
- An organization can be either a non-profit, a for-profit, or hybrid.
- An organization does not only have to be run by one individual. Partnerships can apply for a Fellowship.
- Organizations still in the idea phase are eligible.
- Types of organizations that are not eligible to apply include students, scholarships, or research projects; lobbying or faith-based organizations; and existing organizations which have grown past their start-up phase.
This is the fellowship for innovators, instigators, pioneers, and rebels. They know that talent is equally distributed, but opportunity is not—which is why they invest in talent wherever it is. Their Fellows represent diverse ethnic, religious, and gender experiences, with varied educational, economic, and geographic backgrounds.
As they seek to build a diverse and inclusive social impact space, they particularly encourage applications from:
- Racial and ethnic minorities in the U.S., including Black, Latinx, and Native/Indigenous people
- LGBTQ communities
- Currently underrepresented U.S. cities, including Baltimore, Atlanta, Oakland, Detroit, Louisville, Milwaukee, Kansas City, and Miami
- Currently underrepresented regions globally, including Latin & Central America and East Asia
- Purpose / Passion
- Ability to Attract Resources
- Potential for Big, Bold Impact
- A Good Business Model
The Echoing Green Fellowship application process is selective and highly competitive. However, the process is also designed to be inclusive, constructive and engaging. Start your application.
See their Commonly Asked Questions. If your questions are not answered, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit Echoing Green Fellowship.