Job Opening: Project Manager Position at Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) in Singapore
Deadline: November 10, 2017
The Political & Economic Department of the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) is looking for a staff member to manage the Informal ASEM Human Rights Seminar Series under the Governance Theme. The Informal ASEM Seminar on Human Rights brings together government officials, academics, and civil society representatives from ASEM Partners for dialogues on ASEM priorities.
ASEF organises the Informal ASEM Human Rights Seminar Series in close links with the partners and stakeholders. This includes the management of the Seminar and a series of activities. The incumbent’s work will be under the supervision of the Department Director, and will be working with a Project Executive Officer and a Project Officer. The appointment is on a 1-year contract basis with an initial 3-month probation period.
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) promotes understanding, strengthens relationships and facilitates cooperation among the people, institutions and organisations of Asia and Europe. ASEF enhances dialogue, enables exchanges and encourages collaboration across the thematic areas of culture, education, governance, sustainable development, economy and public health.
- The successful candidate will be offered a monthly salary commensurate with her/his qualifications and work experience;
- Other applicable benefits include an annual wage supplement equivalent to 1 month’s salary, paid leaves and medical benefits.
- Open to graduates in a relevant field of study, such as human rights and international law; postgraduate degree preferred;
- At least 4 years of work experience for Master’s holder, and 6 years of work experience for Bachelor’s holder; research and project management background needed;
- Candidates must be citizens and passport holders of ASEM Partner countries.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in human rights, law, multilateralism, governance, diplomacy, international organisations, current world affairs, Asia-Europe relations;
- Experience in research and writing papers on governance with a focus on human rights;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience of conference organisation, and stakeholder relations;
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse professional and social backgrounds;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision;
- Experience of social media engagement strategies will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English;
- Excellent report-writing, organisational and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
To apply for this position, please submit the followings documents:
- Cover letter (maximum 1 A4 page in length) detailing the qualities and contributions that you can bring to ASEF;
- Curriculum vitae with your contact details, highlighting your education, work experience, and other qualifications related to the job requirements;
- Copy of your passport(s)
Please send your application by e-mail with the subject “1710PE14_Your Full Name” to [email protected] by Friday, November 10, 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information, visit Project Manager Position at ASEF.