Deadline: Rolling Basis
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks a paid intern for a writing, research and administrative position for their programs department. The intern will primarily work with staffers who run the International Journalists’ Network and the ICFJ Knight Fellowships. The internship is a great opportunity to gain experience in social media outreach and to report and publish clips that focus on the latest tools, trends and innovations in journalism around the world.
The intern will also help report and write about ongoing projects led by ICFJ Knight Fellows, who are working to advance media innovation in more than a dozen countries. In addition to writing, video editing, interviewing and research duties, the internship is a great opportunity to build foundational experience in how international journalism programs are run through tasks that may involve coordinating travel logistics, maintaining databases, tracking finances, monitoring and evaluating projects and other tasks. The internship would be 35 hours per week; preference given to those who can make a six-month commitment . This internship is based in Washington, D.C.
- Assist with social media outreach via Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts. Report, write and produce articles about global media trends and the ICFJ Knight Fellows, to be published on IJNet.org and/or ICFJ.org
- Cover media conferences and panel discussions
- Film and edit videos
- Assist in tracking ICFJ Knight and IJNet impact
- Assist in conducting program evaluations and writing funder reports
- Provide administrative support (processing invoices, etc.) as needed
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program or be a recent graduate;
- Should demonstrate interest and knowledge of journalism;
- Have experience producing video;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Have keen research and analytical skills;
- Have ability to take initiative and be a self-starter;
- Have ability to manage multiple tasks on a deadline;
- Proficiency in either Arabic, Persian, Spanish, Russian or Chinese a bonus.
- Applicants should submit a resume, brief cover letter, two writing samples and two sample story pitches for IJNet here. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For more information, visit ICFJ Internship Program.