Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award 2017 for One Young World Ambassadors
Deadline: November 17, 2017
Facebook is pleased to announce the opening of applications for the Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award. In line with the company’s mission, the award will present a prize to 4 teams or individual social entrepreneurs with advertising credits and Facebook mentors who will share marketing expertise.
Facebook is the world’s largest social network and connects over 2 billion people monthly. As part of its mission to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together, it connects people on the platform with over 70 million businesses. Facebook not only helps businesses get discovered and find customers, but also helps people develop connections to products and causes. To better support cause-driven businesses, Facebook has partnered with One Young World to launch the Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award.
- Regional Prize: The Participant with the highest score in their respective Regions (as described in The Finalist Entry Period and Judging Phase subsection), subject to verification, will receive the following prize package:
- Facebook ad credit in the amount of Five Thousand US Dollars (US$5,000.00) and
- Access to a mentor who works with/for Facebook which has no ARV.
- Grand Prize: The Participant with the highest score in the Grand Prize Award Judging (as described in The Finalist Entry Period and Judging Phase subsection), subject to verification, will receive the following prize package in addition to the Regional Prize:
- Facebook ad credit in the amount of Fifty Thousand US Dollars (US$50,000.00) and
- Access to an additional mentor who works for/with Facebook which has no ARV.
- The Award is exclusive to One Young World Ambassadors. Ambassadors can apply as individuals or teams in groups (up to 5 individuals);
- Ambassadors should have scalable businesses;
- Those who operate businesses that address a major social and/or economic issue in their region and empowers their community.
- The Participant and each team member (if any) must lead or be employed by a non-profit charity or a for-profit business legal entity, which is registered and/or formed under applicable laws in their jurisdiction
- Ambassadors must live and operate enterprises within Facebook’s 4 regions: North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America;
- Government officials, political figures and businesses politically affiliated (all as determined by Facebook and One Young World in its sole discretion) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
Candidates will be assessed based on:
- Probability of increased impact following ad credit investment – 40%
- Evidence of social impact – 30%
- Innovation/originality – 30%
- Are you eligible? Begin your application here!
- Deadline: November 17, 2017 at 18:00 GMT
- End of November 2017: Shortlisted candidates are contacted. Shortlisted candidates must submit a video.
- Early December 2017: Mentors select final Winners
For more information, visit Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award.