World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition for Kenyans, Rwandans and Ugandans (Win a trip to Washington, D.C. 2018)
Deadline: December 22, 2017
The World Bank invites entries from Kenyans, Rwandans and Ugandans for the #Blog4Dev competition. Now in its 4th year, the #Blog4Dev series is a writing competition in which young people compete and submit written solutions on a topical challenge. It tests creativity, innovation, and looks for something with the potential of being scaled-up. It also helps engage youth become integral to the development process in their countries.
This year, the World Bank wants you to share your thoughts on Gender-Based Violence in Kenya, Rwanda, or Uganda for a chance to win a trip to Washington, D.C. in April 2018.
- Prize: A trip to the Washington, DC, April 20-22, 2018
- The top five blog submissions in each country will be published on the World Bank Nasikiliza blog, and promoted in the social media channels.
- Must be a Kenyan or Rwandese or a Ugandan residing in your home country
- Applications should be aged between 18-28 years.
A panel of judges made up of World Bank staff in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda will review the submissions to determine the winning entries.
The winning submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity
- Potential for scale-up
- Submit your entry by December 22, 2017 here: http://ow.ly/QhgA30gB1z8
- Submissions through email or mail post are not acceptable
For more information, visit World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition.