European Charlemagne Youth Prize 2018 (Win up to €2500 and a trip across Europe)
Deadline: January 29, 2018
The European Parliament and the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen invite young people from all the EU member states to participate in a competition on EU development, integration and European identity issues. Since 2008, the European Parliament together with the ‘Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen’ have each year been inviting young people from all EU Member States to submit projects run by and for youth showing an active participation in the development of Europe.
The ‘European Charlemagne Youth Prize’ is awarded to projects, which:
- promote European and international understanding,
- foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration,
- serve as a role model for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
The projects can focus on the organisation of various youth events, youth exchanges or online projects with a European dimension.
- The prize for the best project is €7500, the second €5000 and the third €2500.
- As part of the prize, the three European laureates are invited to visit the European Parliament in Brussels or Strasbourg.
- One representative of each of the 28 national winning projects will be invited to the award ceremony on 8 May 2018 and a stay of several days in Aachen, Germany.
- The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representatives of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
- Your project will also receive lots of coverage through the European Parliament’s and the Foundation’s media channels.
- … and last but not least, your stay in Aachen will be a unique chance to meet and network with other dynamic young people from all over Europe, a platform to share your vision about Europe in front of European leaders and for many it will be the beginning of some long-lasting friendships with like-minded young people from all over Europe!
- Young people aged between 16 and 30 from any EU Member States can submit projects for the European Charlemagne Youth Prize.
- Projects can be submitted individually or, preferably, in groups.
- Projects should promote European and international understanding; foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration; and provide role models for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
- Previous winners have been awarded for projects such as youth exchanges, events in the fields of sports, arts or culture or may take the form of online projects with a European dimension.
The projects will be assessed according to the following principles:
- they must fulfil the objectives of the competition: promote European and international understanding; foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community
- priority will be given to projects created jointly by young people representing several member states
- attention will be given to projects carried out on a voluntary basis
Applications must be completed online here.
For more information regarding the competition please contact the European Charlemagne Youth Prize Secretariat at ECYP2018 @ep.europa.eu.
For more information, visit European Charlemagne Youth Prize.