IIE Victor J. Goldberg Prize For Peace In The Middle East 2018
Deadline: February 1, 2018
Nominations are currently being accepted for the IIE Victor J. Goldberg Prize For Peace In The Middle East 2018. IIE awards the Victor J. Goldberg Prize for Peace annually to recognize outstanding work being conducted jointly by two individuals, one Arab and one Israeli, working together to advance the cause of peace in the Middle East. The Prize recognizes one Muslim Arab and one Jewish Israeli working together to advance peace in the Middle East.
Goal of the Prize
- Advance the cause of peace in the Middle East
- Reward those who are courageous and committed to work to overcome the religious, cultural, ethnic and political issues which divide the region
- Break down barriers of hate towards “the other”
- Recognize innovation
- Inspire others working at the grassroots level, and demonstrate that their efforts are worthy of wider recognition
The two individuals whose work is judged to be most successful in bringing people together and meeting the goals of the Prize share a US$10,000 prize. The winners are selected by a prestigious international selection committee. Award ceremonies are generally held each June, along with public announcement of the winners to press and social media.
- To recognize the full range of excellent work being done in this very difficult and important area, IIE is encouraging applications from any two individuals from Arab and Isreal whose activities meet the criteria and goals outlined above.
- Eligibility in the past was limited to teams in which one member had some prior connection with IIE’s programs or sponsors. Such prior connection will still get preference in close judgements, but will not automatically determine the winner.
Download nomination form here.
Please contact the IIE Goldberg Prize program team at [email protected] with any questions.
For more information, visit IIE Victor J. Goldberg Prize For Peace.