Mediterranean Water Heroes Contest 2018 (Win a trip to World Water Day workshop in Egypt)
Deadline: January 15, 2018
Swedish Institute Alexandria in collaboration with the Center for Mediterranean Integration of the World Bank invited you to apply for the Second Mediterranean Water Heroes Contest. If you are interested to attend the CMI-SwedAlex 2018 World Water Day workshop in Egypt, apply now.
To support youth in acquiring more voice in the Mediterranean water agenda, CMI is launching the Second Mediterranean Water Heroes Contest, which invites young Mediterranean water researchers, entrepreneurs and activists the opportunity to convene and share their work at CMI’s 2018 World Water Day youth workshop (Alexandria, early March 2018).
The contest will also further expand the CMI-facilitated “Mediterranean Youth for Water Network” (MedYWat) by inviting contest applicants to join MedYWat and contribute to the network. MedYWat gathers young water professionals, activists and researchers from the around the Mediterranean to give more voice to youth in shaping and implementing the Mediterranean water agenda.
By applying, you automatically have the chance of being selected by the jury to participate in the CMI 2018 World Water Day workshop in Alexandria, Egypt (March 2018) with covered travel and accommodation. Among the contest applicants invited to attend the workshop, the jury will further select three contest winners who will receive the following prizes:
- Short internship opportunity with one of CMI’s core partners (to be defined in collaboration with the partner and the winner)
- Full coverage to the CMI 2018 World Water Day youth workshop
- Key speaking role during the youth workshop
- Showcasing of your work on the Center for Mediterranean Integration and partners’ websites
- Young people aged 18-35.
- Researchers, entrepreneurs and activists working on water challenges in the Mediterranean.
- Regardless of their place of residence, applicants must be nationals from the following Mediterranean countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestinian Territories, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Applicants may be working for public institutions, research institutes, start-ups and companies, NGOs, or as freelancers.
- Both individual and team applications are welcome. Team applications must be indicated in the application form. The team composition must be clearly stated in the application and may not be modified once it has been submitted, If your team is selected, you may choose one person to represent you at the event.
Your application should be related to one of the following themes:
- NbS for regional water security and resilience: how does your work contribute to regional water security and increase resilience to natural and human-made shocks?
- NbS for water and climate change: how does your NbS work provide adequate climate change adaptation and mitigation measures?
- NbS and the water-food-energy Nexus: how does your work support water-related NbS that contribute to more sustainable water, food and energy production, consumption and disposal cycles in the Mediterranean?
- Youth activism and advocacy for water and NbS: how are you supporting the dissemination of water-related NbS and advocating for them in the Mediterranean?
Submissions will be assessed by the contest jury based on the following criteria:
- Regional relevance and scalability to other Mediterranean contexts
- Youth and community involvement
- Environmental, Social and Economic Impact
- Innovative value
- Prior involvement in Mediterranean youth and water networks
- Overall quality of the application
- Applications will be submitted through an online form on the CMI website in either English or Arabic.
- Only completed applications will be taken into consideration.
- Should you be experiencing difficulties in filling out the online form in English or Arabic, please get in touch with us at [email protected].
For more information, visit Mediterranean Water Heroes Contest.