Apply: Young Aspirants Leadership Fellowship (YALF) for Nigerians 2018
Deadline: February 28, 2018
Youngstars Foundation is now accepting applications for Young Aspirants Leadership Fellowship (YALF) 2018. YALF is a dynamic youth preparatory program designed to increase the capacity, participation and space for youth emergence in elective positions in the 2019 general elections in Nigeria. YALF is an initiative of Youngstars Foundation with support from Ford Foundation.
The YALF program is practical, experiential, intellectually stimulating, and interactive. It is designed to challenge participant’s personal leadership capacities through the different components of the program.
150 Participants shall be selected to participate in the first semester of the fellowship. The participants shall benefit from 3 tailored YALF workshops targeting young aspirants and candidates from the Northern region of Nigeria interested in running for different elective positions in the 2019 general elections in Nigeria.
The first (1) semester workshop shall be held in March 2018 for 4 days using a structured training curriculum. Facilitators shall include experienced persons who have previously ran for office and understand the dynamics of accessing political office especially in Northern Nigeria.
The project goal is to advance an inclusive political environment in Nigeria by increasing the capacity, participation and space for youth emergence in elective positions in 2019 general elections in Nigeria. The objectives are:
- To provide tailored capacity building training and support system for youth aspirants and candidates on how to run for elective offices in the 2019 Nigeria general elections.
- To advocate for changes in political parties that will increase space and emergence of youth as party flag bearers.
- To establish a nonpartisan Information and Advisory Hub/toll-free service to provide structured information and guidance to youth aspirants and candidates.
- Open to Youth in Nigeria between ages 18- 35 (PWD 18 – 40)
- Young women and persons with disability are seriously encourage to apply for YALF program. Adequate preparations have been put in place to ensure optimum participation of young women and persons with disability in the YALF program. Lets encourage as many of them as possible to apply for YALF
Participation in YALF is completely free of charge. However, application is required and only those who meet our requirements shall be selected.
- Application form ( online)
- Passport photograph and valid photo ID
- Essay title – “ Why I Want to Run for Office”
- CV and 2 reference letters attesting to your interest to run for office
- Any supporting document of previous political engagement
- Copy of Voters Card/Political Party Membership card (optional)
To apply, kindly click here.
For more information, visit Young Aspirants Leadership Fellowship.