Apply for United Nations WFP Innovation Accelerator 2018 Winter Sprint (Fully-funded to Germany + $100k)
Deadline: Apri 1, 2018
Apply now for the WFP Innovation Accelerator 2018 Winter Sprint Programme. Based in Munich, Germany, the World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator identifies, nurtures and scales bold solutions to hunger globally. They support WFP innovators and external start-ups and companies through financial support, access to a network of experts and a global field reach.
The Accelerator believes the way forward in the fight against hunger is not necessarily in building grand plans, but identifying and testing solutions in an agile way. It is a space where the world can find out what works and what doesn’t in addressing hunger – a place where we can be bold, and fail as well as succeed.
Does your company have the potential to solve hunger? Apply to the WFP Innovation Accelerator and get a chance to participate in a week-long bootcamp and 3-6 month sprint programme, receive up to 100,000 USD in funding, mentorship from industry experts and access to the world’s largest humanitarian organisation.
Teams/start-ups selected for our ‘Sprint Programme’ will receive up to USD 100,000 in sprint funding, access to WFP’s global operations and access to WFP’s global network of partners and resources. Further funding is dependent upon progress and achievement of key targets.
- Open to social enterprises or social impact start-ups and companies from across the world
- WFP intrapreneurs can also apply
- Companies should have the potential to solve hunger
They are looking for startups that meet the following expectations:
- High potential to reach Zero Hunger
- High level of innovation – could be on the technology, business model or systems
- Strong team – team track record together, individual skills
- Scalability potential
- Financial sustainability of the project – have a sustainable business model that doesn’t rely on WFP
- Proven problem and traction
Note: The WFP Innovation Accelerator does not take equity in start-ups that participate in the Sprint Programme.
Are you a start-up or company with an innovation that could help end hunger?
For more information, visit WFP Innovation Accelerator.