International AIDS Society/AVAC’s Advocacy-for-Cure Academy Fellowship 2018 (Fully-funded to Uganda)
Deadline: March 22, 2018
Do you currently work in the HIV field and are interested in strengthening your HIV cure-related advocacy or engagement? The International AIDS Society (IAS) Towards an HIV Cure initiative and AVAC are organizing an Advocacy-for-Cure Academy and are awarding fellowships to attend the Academy in Uganda on 28-30 May 2018.
The Advocacy-for-Cure Academy will award fellowships to 20-25 talented advocates who are working in the HIV field in resource-limited settings and who are interested in HIV cure-related advocacy. They will enrol in a three-day training and development course on HIV cure advocacy.
The selected fellows will have a unique opportunity to interact with leading researchers and advocates in the field. The interactive course will provide the tools and resources for fellows to develop their research literacy in HIV cure, and to improve and reinforce their advocacy and engagement skills through workshops and sessions, networking opportunities and project work.
The academy seeks to
- Provide training and skills building on current HIV cure research strategies, barriers to a cure, and communicating scientific results accurately, especially to communities.
- Develop translational tools to disseminate information to the wider community, including policy makers, the media and programme managers.
- Create opportunities to interact with leading researchers and advocates in the field with a view to expanding the network of advocates working in HIV cure.
Selected fellows will be awarded:
- Enrolment in the Advocacy-for-Cure Academy
- Travel to Uganda
- Accommodation and meals
- Ground transportation
- Course materials
All applicants will be notified of the status of their application by mid-April.
- The academy is specifically for advocates currently working in the HIV field in resource-limited settings and who are interested in strengthening their HIV cure-related advocacy or engagement.
- The selection committee will take into account the candidates’ experience, their motivation to work in the HIV cure field, and their potential to apply the knowledge gained at the academy in their work.
- You must complete the following electronic application form. As you complete it, you will be able to save your modifications and go back to the updated version of your form later in time. When you are finished, save the form and press the Submit button on the last page.
- The application can only be submitted electronically, in the format provided. Applications not submitted through the online system will not be accepted.
- Please have a copy of your CV ready to upload.
For more information, visit Advocacy-for-Cure Academy.