Deadline: On rolling basis
The African Exponent is offering a full-time Global Journalism Opportunity to a journalist from Africa. The African Exponent is a digital outlet for reliable news, commentary and analysis about issues and events in contemporary Africa and the diaspora. During the course of the company’s existence, it has grown very fast and attracted readers as well as writers from 30+ African countries and the US.
They are currently looking to add a new fulltime journalist to their growing team. This individual may not necessarily have relevant experience but should be able to demonstrate a willingness to learn and challenge themselves, have a strong command of writing skills and a strong interest in the African entertainment, politics, business, sports, fashion, travel and other related sectors. In this vain, they should be able to demonstrate that they can write clearly and concisely about the above topics for a global African audience.
- Monthly salary
- Ability to network with young African leaders from all over the continent
- Opportunity to work with a high caliber leadership team from the best universities in the world
- Opportunity to challenge and grow yourself as a strong writer with a keen understanding of a very diverse audience
- Opportunity to contribute to the next phase of Africa’s development by helping chronicle some of its success stories
Open to journalists from Africa
- Write a minimum of two articles per day and work with our international team of editors to publish them on The African Exponent website
- Meet at least once a week with The African Exponent’s managing team to discuss progress and share feedback
- Be reachable by email at almost all times
- Have a strong can do attitude and innate ability to self-motivate.
If you are interested, please send your CV or resume to [email protected]
Applications are open until the position is filled.
For more information, visit The African Exponent.