CIR Reveal Investigative Fellowship Program 2018 (Stipend of $10,000)
Deadline: April 12, 2018
Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting is pleased to announce the opening of applications for its third cohort of Reveal Investigative Fellowship. The Fellowship helps strengthen a field in which diversity of background and perspective are more crucial than in any other corner of media. Now in its third year, the program seeks fellows with expertise in three editorial areas: text, audio and video.
The 10-month fellowship, made possible with generous support from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and the Democracy Fund, emphasizes development of investigative reporting skills for early- to mid-career reporters and producers from diverse backgrounds.
It is intended for journalists currently employed by other outlets and includes on-site training at CIR’s Emeryville headquarters, ongoing coaching and mentoring, travel reimbursement and a stipend to support the resulting text, audio, video or multimedia projects. Up to five fellows will be selected based on their proposals for investigative projects they want to pursue.
- Fellowship will award fellows $10,000, training and mentorship.
- In addition to the stipend, fellows will receive support to spend two weeks embedded at CIR receiving training and guidance in skills such as data analysis, document requests, audio gathering and interviewing techniques. They also will be sponsored to attend an annual investigative journalism conference. The rest of the fellowship will be spent at their home outlets, with continued mentoring by CIR’s editors, producers and reporters.
- Open to journalists and early- to mid-career reporters and producers from diverse backgrounds;
- Fellows selected must commit to attend IRE in Orlando from June 14-17;
- Fellows must be able to attend two weeks of training. The first will be in early November 2018 and again in Spring 2019. Both weeks will be held at CIR’s Emeryville, CA offices.
For more information, visit Reveal Investigative Fellowship.