RBC Audacious G7 Youth Challenge 2018 (Pitch your Idea and win a share of $7,500)
Deadline: April 27, 2018
The RBC Audacious G7 Youth Challenge 2018 is now open. Apply to pitch your most audacious idea for the future of the G7. While most policy summits are limited to high-level officials and a few youth delegates, the RBC Audacious G7 Youth Challenge aims to connect, enable, and mobilize G7 youth with external stakeholders on their big ideas, allowing unprecedented opportunity for young innovators to have their voices heard and responded to.
This year, Canada has the opportunity to host young delegates from across the G7, leading up the 2018 G7 Summit, which will focus on a number of core policy themes. RBC, Audacious Futures, and the Young Diplomats of Canada are coming together to extend this opportunity to all youth across the G7 and EU to pitch their ideas.
Finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas at a Post-Summit Event in late May and a chance to win one of three prize packages, from the $7,500 total prize pool!
The final selection of videos to be featured at the Post Summit Event will also have the opportunity to engage and connect with our sponsoring organizations and influencers in an effort to turn ideas in action.
Y7 2018 and The Audacious G7 Youth Challenge centers on the following three key policy themes, which broadly mirror those of the Canadian G7 Presidency:
- The Future of Work: The economy of the future including work and inclusive growth for all
- Climate Change and Environment: Climate change policies and the global commitment to funding climate action
- Gender Equality: Gender-focused development and economic policies for the empowerment of women and girls
- Open to all youth 30 years and under (as of March 30, 2018) that identifies with a G7 member state (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States) and European Union
Ideas must apply to at least one of the three policy themes and be directed to promoting collaboration across the G7 and EU. In line with the G7 themes, the Y7 2018 themes include:
- Future of Work: How can we ensure that the needs of employers are met by the next generation of the workforce? What are the digital and soft skills necessary to compete in the economy for young people? How can entrepreneurship be supported and promoted and what is the best environment for innovation to thrive?
- Climate Change and the Environment: How will states prepare to mitigate and manage the economic, security, and societal impacts of climate change? What does sustainable development mean at a local level?
- Gender Equality: How can states create equal opportunities for women and girls to participate in the economy, in democratic institutions and in wider decision making processes
Your video will not be judged based on quality, so don’t worry too much about this. Phone and laptop recordings are all acceptable formats. Please make sure your video is no more than 2 minutes and set to Public + Unlisted on YouTube.
If you have technical difficulties in submitting your video or application, contact [email protected], and they will support you where possible. Please place “Audacious G7 Youth Challenge” in the subject line.
There is no cost to enter the Challenge. All youth across the G7 countries and EU are invited to submit their ideas.
They have designed the challenge to be as simple and accessible to youth across the G7 as possible:
- Discover: Explore the policy themes, consult with stakeholders, and check back into our website for research resources on the policy themes.
- Design: Outline the basics of your idea and practice pitching your audacious idea in 2 mins or less!
- Deliver: Apply using the form on our website with a YouTube link to your final take of a 2-minute video pitch.
- Connect: Join them at the Post-Summit Event in Toronto in late May, where they’ll feature the top Challenge finalists and final recommendations from the Y7 2018 Summit. The top place for each policy theme will be announced and awarded a prize package from the $7,500 total prize pool, provided by RBC.
For more information, visit RBC Audacious G7 Youth Challenge.