Deadline: June 1, 2018
The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) is offering bursaries in support of attendance at the Evidence 2018 Conference. 3ie’s Bursary Programme offers funding for individuals to attend workshops and conferences related to impact evaluations and systematic reviews. The bursary programme is part of 3ie’s effort towards building capacity in conducting and using high-quality impact evaluations and systematic reviews that can generate policy-relevant evidence.
This regional conference, organised by Africa Evidence Network aims to encourage and promote evidence-based decision-making in Africa. It brings together a variety of stakeholders interested in the production and use of evidence for decision-making, including representatives from government, civil society, universities and the private sector. Discussions will focus on four main areas: quality education, communicable diseases, climate resilience, and good governance.
The aim of the 3ie Bursary programme is to make the Evidence 2018 Conference accessible to those participants who would otherwise not have been able to attend. Bursaries are awarded to researchers and policymakers from low-or-middle-income countries for trainings and conferences organised by 3ie or other organisations. If you do have access to resources to fund your Evidence 2018 participation, travel and accommodation, please do not apply for this bursary.
- For each bursary award, 3ie covers (i) round-trip economy-class airfare from the participant’s home city, (ii) accommodation (specified by 3ie) and (iii) conference registration fee.
- Participants are responsible for costs associated with the visa application process, ground transportation such as airport transfers, and meals which are not included in the registration fee.
- 3ie will not provide per diem/daily allowances.
- Participants must be nationals of, and currently residing in an African country.
- Participants must also be actively engaged in conducting impact evaluations or systematic reviews with local agencies, and not multilateral organisations.
- Participants must provide a letter of support from their employers. [This can be received once the participants are selected for the bursary]
- Participants must meet any additional eligibility criteria, as specified by the event organizer.
- Bursaries are awarded on a competitive basis through open-calls for applications, which are announced on 3ie’s website and social media pages.
- In some instances, bursaries are limited to individuals nominated by 3ie’s affiliates.
For more information, visit Bursaries for Evidence Conference.