Become a Student Leader of Google Developer Student Club in Africa
Deadline: May 14, 2018
Are you community-driven? Are you currently enrolled in a computer science course or related engineering discipline at your university and would like to acquire industry-relevant technology skills? Are you looking for an opportunity to acquire software developer skills and work experience? Are you passionate about seeing other students succeed with technology? If you answered “YES” to some or all of the above questions, then the Developer Students’ Club (DSC) program is for you. Apply now!
The Developer Student Clubs (DSC) program is a grass-root channel to provide mobile development skills to students, towards employability. The DSC program provides an opportunity for students enrolled in African universities to act as “agent of change” on their campus(es) – while acquiring relevant technical and business skills to solve local businesses’ problems.
As part of preparations towards kicking off this program in the region, Google is commencing with the recruitment of student leads to head their different DSC chapters across campuses in Africa. A DSC lead is a student leader on campus whose mission is to use technology to make a difference, not only in their universities, but also in their communities more widely.
Their duties will include:
- Setting up a Developer Student Club within their institution/campus;
- Creating a Core Team — including faculty advisors, fellow students and relevant technology experts — to help in planning and execution of peer group readiness-focused activities;
- Organizing and delivering mobile development-focused workshops to fellow students;
- Enabling more students to become trainers and support them in conducting sessions;
- Identifying local organizations who can benefit from mobile solutions, and facilitate solution development activities;
- Hosting showcases and other events to highlight the solutions developed by students; and
- Committing for one-year (2018/19 academic year) to act as a Student Lead.
- DSC lead roles are open to students currently enrolled in a computer science course or related engineering discipline at any accredited college/university in Sub saharan Africa.
For more information, visit Google Africa Developer Student Club Program.