Deadline: June 30, 2018
Applications are open for the World Bank/UNDP SDGs and Her Program 2018. SDGs & Her is an online competition for women entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their business operations. In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries signed on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future we want in 2030.”
The objectives of the initiative are to:
- Recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
- Increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
- Collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
- Winners will receive leadership training, mentoring and will be flown to New York City to be recognized at an event at the margins of the 2018 UN General Assembly High-Level Week. The stories of the winning women entrepreneur (and many other notable entries) will be shared through partners’ social media and websites.
- Be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years;
- Own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees;
- Have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000.
- Entries will be screened by a university partner and then judged by an expert panel. Judges will determine the winners based on the impact on the SDGs, vision and purpose, and clarity of the entries.
Applicants complete a short online template, describing their work and linking their initiative/product to 1 or more SDGs.
For more information, visit World Bank/UNDP SDGs and Her Program.