Deadline: August 1, 2018
Are you an African startup that develops innovative projects around energy and you want to accelerate the development of your project? Apply for the second edition of the EDF Pulse Africa Awards. Since 2014, EDF has been working with start-ups to develop innovation and accompany the social changes in the energy sector, and in the global context of global warming and energy transition. With an exponential demand for energy, Africa is mainly concerned with these issues.
Wishing to contribute in facilitating access to energy alongside the agents of change in the continent, EDF’s International Division initiates a call for projects and launches the “EDF Pulse Awards” in Africa in order to be sustainable and effective as a development partner.
- Off-grid electrical production: In this category, the Grand Jury may reward one innovative solution for the production and/or storage of electricity in off-grid area (solar, hydroelectric, wind, thermal, etc.)
- Electrical uses and services: In this category, the Grand Jury may reward an innovative product or service with low power consumption or a common use of electrical services (Hardware ex: household appliances, tablets, fans, cooling systems/Services e.g. mobile money, breakdown service)
- Access to water: In this category, the Grand Jury may reward one innovative solution to improve access to water through electricity (agriculture, domestic use, etc.)
- Each of the ten (10) finalists will have a presentation card on the site http://africapulse.edf.com: name of the structure and project, logo (if provided in the brief), country of domiciliation, proposal summary, link to website or social network
- The ten (10) finalists will be invited to the Grand Jury day on November 22, 2018 and will participate to a three (3) day coaching session from November 19, 2018 to November 21, 2018. More proactively, they will receive mentoring and advice on their project development from October to November. Each of the ten (10) finalists will also be invited to the awards ceremony
- The three (3) laureates will receive from EDF an allocation for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes: €15,000, €10,000 and €5,000 respectively. This allocation will contribute to the development of their projects. The endowment will be paid by bank transfer or check to the winning team structure. The three (3) winners will benefit from easy access to financing and possible development of partnerships with EDF Group companies in Africa
- EDF cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the published information, resulting from the declarations of the candidates.
- Open to African start-ups that exist legally before July 30, 2018 and is located in Africa;
- You are eligible if you own an innovative project at a very advanced stage which uses or produces electricity in the following areas: Off-grid electricity; Electricity services and usages production; Water access.
Projects received will be assessed on the basis of the following selection criteria:
- Clarity and understanding of the proposal
- Innovative and differentiating features of the solution
- Progress for the society brought by the solution
- Relevance of the business model
- Evaluation of the team (vision, complementarity, experiences, skills)
For more information, visit EDF Pulse Africa Awards.