Apply for TED Fellows Program 2019 (Fully Funded to Vancouver, Canada)
Deadline: August 26, 2018
Applications are open for the TED Fellows Program 2019. TED is looking for 20 innovators from all backgrounds whose bold work is making our planet better. Sound like you? Dream bigger and apply to be a TED Fellow.
The TED Fellows program is a global network of 453 trailblazers bringing positive change to every corner of the planet. Every year, they selects a new class of extraordinary thinkers and doers. They look for innovators on the rise in their respective fields with a bold, original approach to their work.
The TED Fellowship program has the potential to catapult your career forward. By attending and speaking at the TED conference, you’ll be given a platform to share your work and ideas far and wide, and you’ll meet individuals who can help your career. As a Fellow, you’ll also join the powerful global network of TED Fellows – innovators who may be future collaborators. Fellows also have access to personal mentorship opportunities, public-relations guidance, speaker coaching and more.
If you’re selected, you will be part of our 10-year anniversary class, and you will need to reserve April 13 through April 20, 2019, for TED2019 and their own very special pre-conference.
- TED covers the costs of transportation to and from the TED conference, any visa you may need, accommodations and food while at the conference and conference registration.
- Fellows get career coaching and speaker training as well as mentorship and public relations guidance. Fellows also give a talk at a TED Conference, a huge opportunity to share their work with a wide, new audience. And perhaps most important, Fellows join the community of 450+ other Fellows who inspire one another and collaborate on new projects.
- Open to on doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, NGO heads, and human rights activists.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older by the time they apply.
- In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are two very important traits we look for in a every potential TED Fellow. More than anything, this focus on character has defined the success of the TED Fellows program.
- Fellows are individuals with original work, a record of achievement in their field and exceptional potential. They are also courageous, collaborative people dedicated to improving life where they work.
- They are looking for individuals from all disciplines, and who have collaborative, kind personalities.
- Because the TED conference is conducted in English, English proficiency is a requirement. However, they do not require applicants to be native English speakers. Many do, in fact, have other native languages.
- Once selected as a Fellow, you must be available to speak with the TED Fellows team via videoconference for approximately ten hours (over the course of approximately three months) prior to the TED conference.
For more information, visit TED Fellows program.